Buying, cleaning, Needed Gear, and Airsoft Laws
Cleaning An Airsoft Gun
After a lot of activity you have to perform proper cleaning to your Airsoft gun or else it will no longer function properly. Plus, taking proper care of your Airsoft gun is essential if you want to prolong its quality and life.
The first thing that you will need to do is determine what type of Airsoft gun you own. Part of identifying your gunís source of power is recognizing that there are 3 different types: spring-powered guns, which are the most difficult to find the power source because you usually will not be able to find anything since the springs that are used to operate the gun are located throughout the gun; electric-powered guns, which have a battery pack that looks like 2 cylinders that are attached to one another and uses this along with sprints to operate; and gas-powered guns, which have a type of gas tank that is attached to the gun and uses pressurized gas to operate the gun.
Regardless of which type of Airsoft gun you have, it is basically cleaned in the same way. To prevent any unnecessary malfunctions from occurring while you are cleaning your gun, you should make sure that you clean it on a regular basis. When you do clean your Airsoft gun, make sure that you use the following cleaning guide in order to properly care for your gun.
Whenever you are cleaning the exterior of your gun you should:
- Make sure that you remove the battery or the gas tank.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe the exterior clean.
- If there is any grit, use cotton swabs to remove it.
Whenever you are cleaning your gun's magazine, you should:
- Remove the magazine from your Airsoft gun.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe down your gun.
- Use cotton swabs to clean the small areas.
- Add a few drops of oil to any moving parts.
- Insert the magazine back into your gun.
Whenever you are cleaning the barrel of your gun you should:
- Make sure that you turn off your gunís hop up system.
- Use a cleaning rod with the .22 cleaning patch and a small amount of silicon spray on the patch itself.
- Insert the cleaning rod into the barrel, swabbing the inside of the barrel with an in and out motion.
- After you have done a few swabs you should remove the rod from the barrel and replace it with a new dry patch.
- Do this until any remaining residue in the barrel of your Airsoft gun is removed.
Following the aforementioned steps to properly clean your Airsoft gun on a regular basis may cause it to have enhanced performance. For instance, it may be more accurate, jam less frequently, shoot quick and last longer.